Ensuring data security of our clients is the priority of FundingReach group [FundingReach Holdings Ltd and its subsidiaries, including FundingReach Ltd, iFinHealth Ltd, iFinPulse Ltd, iFinGate Ltd, and its affiliates, “FundingReach”]. While we employ various security practices and measures in order to protect the confidential information of its clients, as the end user, you play an important role in safeguarding against risks such as those related to virus attacks, unauthorized access and fraudulent online transactions. Here are some of the best practices and guidelines you can follow in order to get a better online data protection.
- Go Online
- Be aware that there are fake websites designed to trick you and collect your personal data. Always type the official website address (URL) when logging into the Site.
- When logging into the Site, check for a letter ‘s’ immediately after the “http” prefix and for the closed lock icon at the right-hand bottom of the screen. This ensures that data exchange between you and the Site are properly encrypted.
- Avoid using Internet in public places (or any other internet services that require passwords), for instance at internet cafés, libraries or any other public sites to avoid the risk of information being copied and abused after you leave.
- Remember to log off from Online System and close your browser when you have finished your Online System.
- Keep your passwords secure
- Please memorise your password. Do not write or store the password on any of the devices used for the internal service. This will prevent other people from using it if it is left unattended or stolen.
- Avoid using your date of birth, HKID/passport number, telephone or lucky number, or other easy-to-guess numbers as your password, and avoid selecting the same password that you have used for accessing other web services.
- Do not disclose your password to anyone (including FundingReach staff and the police).
- Regular change of your password through the Online System of this website is recommended.
- Disable the ‘AutoComplete’ function within your browser. The ‘AutoComplete’ function on your Device stores information that you have previously entered, e.g.: addresses and passwords. Typically, the browser’s own Help function will tell you how to do disable the function.
- Computer System Precautions
- Keep computer software (e.g., system patches, anti-virus, and anti-spyware) up to date with the latest security patches.
- Secure your internet connection and Device with a personal firewall. It ensures the right data goes to the right places, and keeps unwanted connections from accessing your data.
- E-mail Precautions
- Be cautious about clicking any links, opening any attachments, or downloading any files from e-mails regardless of file type or who sent them.
- Never follow a link contained in an email – even if it appears to come from your financial service provider.
- Avoid including sensitive personal information in e-mail messages.
- Be wary of any request that asks you to perform an urgent action (e.g., “Security Check”, “Activation”, “Verification” or any request to wire funds or make other payments).
How FundingReach protects you online
FundingReach ensures your online transactions are safe and secure. We use industry standard security technologies and practices to safeguard your account from any unauthorized access. Here are what we have done.
- Authenticating through log-ins and passwords. Access to your account only possible when authentication is properly made through entering correct IDs and password.
- Having automatic lock-outs. After a number of incorrect attempts to log in, FundingReach disables online access to your account. To re-activate your account, you need to call our support hotline to get the account released.
- Creating secure online sessions. When you log into Online system or fill in online application, you are said to be in a secure session. You know you are in a secure session if the URL address begins with https:// or a padlock symbol showing “Security Lock” appears at the top of the page as part of the address bar.
- Using encryption. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology is used within your Online system session to encrypt your personal data before it leaves your Device so that no one else can read it. Depending on your browser setting, a window will appear to notify you that you will be entering a secured page. FundingReach uses 128-bit SSL encryption, which is regarded as the industry standard. If your system does not support 128-bit SSL encryption, you may not be able to access FundingReach’s Online system and related services.
- Adopting “layers” of security. FundingReach uses multiple layers of security, wich includes:
- Ensure that all of FundingReach’s operating systems are updated promptly with the latest security patches.
- FundingReach uses firewalls to prevent unauthorized intrusion.
- Enhancing via session time outs. If you forget to log-off after service online or your Device remains inactive for a period of time during a session or FundingReach does not receive any message during a session, our systems automatically log you off.